Fashion SVP Sourcing Briefings
As part of Fashion SVP’s Sourcing Academy commitment to knowledge-sharing and learning, we once again present our Sourcing Briefing seminar programme at Fashion SVP, with industry experts. For all brand professionals who want to know more about the critical issues in sourcing, production, brand/product development and design.
Tuesday 27th June
11.15 The advantages and challenges for managers in local sourcing
- The necessity for buying and sourcing managers to be pro-active and lead from the front
- Maximising the best day-to-day use of far and near shore supply bases
- How to overcome what can go wrong, e.g. delayed shipments, quality claims, compliance variations
12.15 Coping with rising costs: turning a problem into competitive edge
- Making best use of your unique access to sales and production data
- Cost rises are pushing supplier-retailer relationships to breaking point – what you can do to survive and protect profits
- Being clear about your needs – does the supplier understand your problems and have you explored all options to solve them jointly?
- Understanding the way costs are broken down and how production planning works best
2.15 Building Winning relationships
- How to build and sustain mutually beneficial client-supplier relationships
- How brands can help suppliers improve their offering
- Best practice
Wednesday 28th June
11.15 Choosing a new Supplier: how to properly evaluate the producers you want to work with
- How important is chemistry?
- Looking at buyers’ and sellers’ mutual needs
- How to be structured to communicate with accuracy and commercial nous
12.15 Regional Round-up: mapping the sourcing capabilities
- Which countries are doing what best?
- Who’s got the handle on British fashion requirements?
- Who is leading developments in technology and garment manufacturing
- Compliance and ethics and compliance
2.15 The ethical dimension: the hard commercial edge meets the ideals
- What progress is being made
- Are consumers on board?
- Balancing profits against what’s right
- How can compliance not impact on costs?
3.15 Brexit: Opportunities and threats
- 2 years to go – what’s your sourcing strategy?
- What does it mean for sourcing professionals from director to junior manager?
- Action needed by retailers, brands and suppliers
- Trade agreements and tariffs