Fashion SVP Sourcing Academy
Sourcing Briefing Seminars at Fashion SVP 27th-28th June 2017
Once again we bring the experts to Fashion SVP for lively discussion and debate, wit and most importantly, wisdom in helping brands, retailers and entrepreneurs in their sourcing/product development decisions and activities.
TUESDAY 27TH JUNE
11.15 THE ADVANTAGES AND CHALLENGES FOR MANAGERS IN LOCAL SOURCING
- The necessity for buying and sourcing managers to
be pro-active and lead from the front
- Maximising the best day-to-day use of Far and Near shore supply bases
- How to overcome what can wrong: delayed shipments,
quality claims, compliance variations
A panel discussion with Liza Canneford, Consultant and former Product Director, Jaeger, Daliah Simble, MD, Daliah Simble Consulting, Jenny Holloway, CEO Fashion Enter. Moderated by Mike Flanagan, CEO Clothesource.net
12.15 TRENDING NOW: ATHLEISURE
- The future for your brand?
- Fabric and manufacturing opportunities and challenges
- Design impacts
A panel discussion with Nichole de Carle, Director, Nichole de Carle, Margarida Maximo, Director, TRM Portugal, Cristina Castro, CITEVE. Moderated by Lauretta Roberts, The Industry London
1.00 FASHION SVP/FASHION ANGEL DROP-IN CLINIC WITH ALISON LEWY MBE
2.15 BUILDING WINNING RELATIONSHIPS
- How to build and sustain mutually beneficial client/supplier relationships
- Does the supplier understand your problems and how can you help them to meet your demands and be your valued and trusted partner?
- Best practice – how is this defined and best achieved?
A panel discussion with Jane Wach, Head of Supply UK and Europe, Oasis, Elvan Unluturk, Director Sun Tekstil, Julia Redman, Head of Buying, M&Co. Moderated by Oliver Horton, Editorial Director of Disorder magazine
4.00 FASHION SVP/FASHION ANGEL DROP-IN
CLINIC WITH ALISON LEWY MBE
WEDNESDAY 28TH JUNE
10.30 SOURCING ACADEMY’S THE LEARNING CURVE
Details will be announced and discussed of an exciting new training initiative The Learning Curve, being launched by Fashion SVP around the UK in the Autumn of 2017.
With Carol Rose, Carol Rose Associates
11.15 CHOOSING A GARMENT FACTORY: HOW TO
EVALUATE AND WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A NEW SUPPLIER
- Looking at buyers’ and sellers’ mutual needs
- How sourcing managers can help the supplier
- How to be structured to communicate with accuracy and commercial nous.
Liz Leffman, Director, Clothesource.net
12.15 REGIONAL ROUND-UP
- A look at what’s new from around the local region.
- What’s best made & where?
- New developments and innovations
A panel discussion with Manuel Serrão, Director General, Selectiva Moda, Portugal, Geerish Bucktowonsing, Divisional Manager, Enterprise Mauritius, a senior representative from EIB, Izmir, Turkey. Moderated by Liz Leffman, Director, Clothesource.net
1.00 FASHION SVP/FASHION ANGEL DROP-IN CLINIC WITH
ALISON LEWY MBE
2.15 ETHICAL SOURCING: HOW BUYERS CAN SQUARE THE
HARD COMMERCIAL EDGE WITH ETHICAL IDEALS
- Ethical is no longer peripheral for consumers, now mainstream
- Success stories in competitive ethical trading
- Developments in ethical fabrics e.g. ISCO
A panel discussion with Sara Lewis, CMO, ASAP54, formerly Brand Marketing Manager, Harrods London, Ozgu Cubukcuoglu, Director, Egedeniz Textiles, Turkey. Moderated by Tamsin Lejeune, CEO, Ethical Fashion Forum and CO.