With over 120 exhibitors on display, a visit to Fashion SVP can be overwhelming. Where do you start? Who do you meet first? How do you maximise your time; ensure that you don’t miss any of the inspirational feature areas; and how do you fit in those free educational sessions?
Event Director Buzz Carter offers his top 10 tips:
1. Download the Show App – this allows you to connect with exhibitors and peers before the show, so you can plan your visit and schedule your meetings before you arrive. Download it HERE.
2. Read the Show Preview to get a full picture of what’s on offer. You can choose which seminars are relevant to you, and get a feel for the exhibitors attending in advance.
3. Follow us on Twitter @FashionSVP – we tweet throughout the show and can remind you of the educational sessions starting imminently or interesting things happening around the event which you may have missed. Don’t forget to use the show hashtag #FashionSVP to join the live conversation. If you prefer Facebook, like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FashionSVPLondon/ as we will be posting during the show on both platforms.
4. Join our LinkedIn group – it’s a great way to network before, during and after the event with over 200 colleagues and peers. Many visitors and exhibitors use it to set up meetings at the show. Simple, easy and free!
5. Pick up a Show Guide at the entrance, this contains full listings of the educational sessions running throughout the day but also highlights exhibitors and new show features.
6. If you’re just starting out, or even if you have years of experience but would like some manufacturing advice, book an appointment in the Consultation Corner with Fashion Capital. These mini-workshops are free and hosted by experts who are ready to answer your questions.
7. Arrive at educational sessions 10 minutes early – each session is seated on a first come, first served basis, so it’s always good to get there early as they are
often standing room only.
8. Grab 10 minutes of free speed mentoring from Alison Lewy, MBE in the Fashion Angel Advice Clinic. Alison will offer advice and guidance on your business and fashion ambitions.
9. Be the first to see the athleisure trend in action in the new Athleisure Pace area, which is the first of its kind in the UK. It includes an amazing display of technical and sportswear fabrics from Portugal. We’ve also introduced accessories to this edition, have a look at all our new show features here http://www.fashionsvp.com/new-features/.
10. Last, but not least, don’t forget to grab some lunch. This is a common problem with many visitors and exhibitors fuelled purely by sweets from the stands alone. There is a restaurant within the show hall, with lots of space to hold meetings.
We hope you enjoy the show.